Rena has extensive experience litigating complex commercial, patent, trade secret, business tort, and consumer class actions in both federal and state court. She has represented clients in the technology, telecommunications, financial, insurance, and agriculture industries. Rena also has experience conducting internal investigations and representing clients in proceedings initiated by government agencies. She enjoys counseling clients and working with them to achieve favorable and practical results.
Rena began her legal career as an associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto, California. Before joining Savitt Bruce & Willey, she was a partner at Mayer Brown, also in Palo Alto. Rena is a graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School.
Rena was raised in Singapore, Brussels, and Jakarta. She moved to Seattle after 15 years in California, but has learned to love precipitation. When not working, Rena spends time with family and friends, reads, and watches reality TV of dubious value.
Areas of Practice
- Contracts and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Financial and Banking Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
Prior Professional Experience
- Stanford University, Office of Development, Stanford CA, 2014 – 2015
- Mayer Brown LLP, Palo Alto CA, 2005-2013
- Partner, 2009-2013
- Associate, 2005-2008
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC, Palo Alto CA, 2000-2005
Philips Semiconductor BV et al. v. Amkor Technology, Inc. et al, and Cirrus Logic, Inc. v. Amkor Technology, Inc. and Fairchild Semiconductor, Inc. v. Amkor Technology, Inc. Defended semiconductor packaging company in series of actions involving defective chips; obtained complete defense verdict at jury trial
Donald Beevers v. Blue Shield of California. Obtained summary judgment for health insurance provider in breach of contract action.
Zoltan Stiener v. AT&T Mobility LLC. Helped telecommunications service provider compel arbitration in purported nationwide class action on behalf of iPhone purchasers alleging fraud and misrepresentation with respect to battery replacement.
Financial Services Claims. Represented large asset manager in SEC investigation related to alleged nondisclosures involving quantitative investment model.
Professional Associations & Leadership
- Washington State Bar Association
Civic & Community Leadership
- Eastside Legal Assistance Program, Attorney Volunteer
- Washington Women’s Foundation
- Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto, Board of Directors, 2009-2014
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2000
- President, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Recipient, John A. Cortner Moot Court Competition Award
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1994
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court. Southern District of California