Sarah has developed her commercial litigation experience in a variety of cases in both state and federal court. She has participated in all stages of litigation in disputes arising from business tort, contract, fiduciary duty, class action, and securities claims.
Before joining Savitt Bruce & Willey, Sarah practiced at Bryan Cave in Los Angeles and served as law clerk to the Honorable Thomas B. Donovan of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Sarah is a graduate of the UCLA Law School, where she was Symposium Editor of the UCLA Law Review and Co-Chief Articles Editor for the UCLA Women’s Law Journal.
Outside the office Sarah has a passion for travel, camping and cooking. Since moving to the Pacific Northwest with her husband she has also taken up vegetable gardening and jogging in the rain.
Areas of Practice
- Contracts and Commercial Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Financial and Banking Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
Prior Professional Experience
- Bryan Cave LLP, Los Angeles CA, 2007-2009
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Thomas B. Donovan, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California, 2006-2007
ChemPoint v. Xenon Arc Inc., et al. Defended technology startup and its founders against claims for misappropriation of trade secrets, usurpation of corporate opportunity and breach of fiduciary duty; obtained ruling entitling clients to indemnification from plaintiffs for attorneys’ fees incurred, partial summary judgment rulings, and then favorable settlement.
Moomjy v. HQ Sustainable Maritime Inc., et al. Defended class action against public offering underwriters alleging claims under sections 11 and 12 of Securities Act; brought motion to dismiss and then obtained favorable settlement dismissing all claims against clients without any payment on claims.
Valley Medical Center Governance Issues. Undertook detailed analysis of possible conflicts issues for publicly-owned hospital, and prepared a conflict of interest policy for the Valley Medical Center Board of Trustees.
NuOz Online LLC v. InSpa Corp. Defended claims for breach of contract relating to technology services; obtained favorable settlement.
Professional Recognition & Honors
- Named to Washington Rising Stars, 2013-2016
Professional Association & Leadership
- Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association
- Judicial Recommendation Committee, 2012-present
Publications & Presentations
- Lexis Nexis Practice Guide: Washington Contract Litigation, Contributor (LexisNexis/Matthew Bender 2015)
Civic and Community Leadership
- Legal Voice
- Self-Help Committee, 2012-2013
- UCLA School of Law, J.D., 2006
- UCLA Law Review, 2004-2006
- UCLA Women’s Law Journal, 2004-2006
- University of Michigan, B.A. with honors, 2002
- California (inactive)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California